Meet M.C. Reyes
Founder / President
Marielys Camacho-Reyes, MS, CAMHFA, CYMHFA, TCC, CYRC is an Army Veteran, a retired Army Wife, a storyteller, and the Founder and President of the Compassionate Hearts UNITED Foundation, Inc.
Marielys holds a Master of Science in Psychology and is currently pursuing a Doctoral degree in Psychology with a specialization in Social Psychology, focusing on Prosocial Behavior as well as Posttraumatic Growth.
Marielys was selected as one of the recipients of the 2021 Spirit of Community Award presented by the Florida Commision of the Status of Women, the 2020 Winner of The Spirit of Philanthropy Award presented by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Polk County Chapter and the GiveWell Foundation, as well as the "2019 Veteran of the Year" for the City of Haines City for her support and dedication to her community. Most recently, Marielys was honorably recognized by Congressman Darren Soto for her great impact and many contributions to her community. As part of this recognizion, Marielys' biography will be officially entered into the congressional records.
Marielys is a Certified Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aider with the National Council of Behavioral Health, a Bilingual Crisis Counselor with the Crisis Text Line, and a Certified Youth Resilience Coach with the Youth Coaching Institute.
Marielys' recent book Cleaning Out My Closet: My Road from Self-Discovery to Emotional Healing is currently available in Amazon and Walmart.
Marielys' other books/self-care journals include:
* Self-Coaching Journal: Coaching Ourselves to Take Control of Our Personal and Professional Lives, One Activity at a Time
* Self-Love Journal: A Yearly Journal for Bad*ss Women
* Self-Love Journal: A 3 Months Reflection Journal for Bad*ss Women
* Self-Love: A Six Months Reflection Journal for Bad*ss Women
* Staying Sane: A Yearly Planner for Busy Women: "Getting Sh*t Done, One Day at a Time"
* Staying Sane: A 3 Months Planner for Busy Women: "Getting Sh*t Done, One Day at a Time"
* Staying Sane: A 6 Months Planner for Busy Women: "Getting Sh*t Done, One Day at a Time"
She currently lives in Haines City, FL with her family.